Free Credit Report
Receive a free credit report once a year
As of March 1, 2005 the Midwest has been able to get a free credit report. The report is available once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Monitoring and periodically reviewing your credit report is an effective tool in fighting identity theft.
To get your free report, go to AnnualCreditReport.com and follow these steps:
- Select your state
- Enter your personal information
- Click on a credit provider (SCSB uses Equifax)
- Answer specific questions based on your credit to prove your identity
- You're given the option to pay $6.95 for a credit score by clicking on "Yes! Add to my order" (recommended) or you can select "No thanks-Just want credit report"
- A new window should open with your credit report. If not, simply print the pdf version of the request form and mail it to the following address:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
PO Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281